Help CHEI Expand Its Hospitality Video Library!
Teachers, Students and Industry Professionals,
Come Together and Enter to Win
The 2017 CHEI Collaboration Award
And a video camera for your school!
Contest Deadline: May 5, 10:00 p.m. China time
CHEI is continuously striving to provide resources that teachers can use to supplement hospitality and tourism curricula. We just launched three hospitality scenario videos this spring and want to do more.
So, we have an idea: Let’s build a self-sustaining video library together! We invite teachers and students to submit hospitality teaching and learning videos.
All videos will be reviewed by the CHEI team and finalists will be in the running for the CHEI All videos that meet CHEI standards will be shared on the CHEI website for all schools to access and download.
All schools are eligible to enroll and participate. Each school (secondary department) may submit no more than two videos.
- Video requirements:
- Each video should be 2-5 minutes in length.
- The video should focus on one or more hospitality teaching topics.
- Ensure the video is geared toward hospitality students and imparts new knowledge or skills.
- Hospitality information and skills included in the video should be accurate and verified by industry professionals.
- Videos should be bilingual (English and Mandarin) with subtitles.
- Video format can be role-play, demonstration, conversation or narration by real actors or animation.
- Content might include (but is not limited to):
- Knowledge points in different hotel disciplines.
- Skills in different hotel disciplines.
- Hospitality English.
- Skills in leadership, communication, critical thinking or problem solving.
- Each participating person must sign the Video Contest Release Form.
- All entries must be submitted to MarriottCHEI QQ account: 83811819 no later than May 5, 10:00 p.m. China time.
There will be two rounds of judging:
- Round One: Entries will be judged by a panel of CHEI team members.
- Round Two: Finalists will be voted on by the public and CHEI team: 50 percent of the final score will come from WeChat public online voting and 50 percent from CHEI team voting. The second round will take place May 15-May 28.
- Each winning school will receive a video camera for shared use.
- The selected videos will be shared with other schools through the CHEI website.
Be engaging! Be creative!
And showcase your hospitality teaching videos!