Each year, CHEI sponsors a Teaching Conference in China to:
- Conduct interactive educational workshops featuring basic and advanced teaching techniques
- Share trends and best practices in the hospitality industry and higher education
- Provide teachers with materials, resources and tools to take back to their classrooms to enhance the delivery of hospitality and tourism education
- Facilitate networking and relationship-building opportunities with educators and industry leaders
- Showcase CHEI success stories and accomplishments, as well as share future plans
- Provide first-hand exposure to hotel operations and event management
At the conference, teachers also have an opportunity to complete hospitality certification courses offered by American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and STR.
The third CHEI Teaching Conference was held on July 12-15, 2016 at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel Parkview and attended by 240 educators.
The second CHEI Teaching Conference was held on July 14-17, 2015 at the Ningbo Marriott Hotel. From across China, 170 educators from more than 60 schools attended, along with Marriott Foundation and Marriott International leaders and government officials.
The first CHEI Teaching Conference, held on June 3-6, 2014 at the Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel, was attended by more than 80 educators.